Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Finding peace

I was anxious all last week leading up to the 1 year anniversary of Beaux's passing. I didn't know how I would handle the day - would I lose it, would I be fine, would I want to stay in bed, would I be a basket case? I woke up anticipating the worst but oddly enough I had an overwhelming since of peace. I was able to get out of bed, I was able to go in and get my smiling angel out of her crib, I was able to see the beauty in the day.

Micah and I had planned a while ago that every year on the anniversary of Beaux's death we would do something as a family, something preferably outside without all the distractions of our everyday lives. We put the cell phones, computers and work aside and headed to the Aransas Wildlife Preserve. It was such a gorgeous day, so peaceful and quiet. We took our time, had a picnic and reflected on the past year. There were plenty of tears, a wee bit of a pity party, but most of all it was really healing.





Thanks to everyone for the support, notes, cards, space and thoughts this past week or two. It really means a lot to Micah and me that you continue to remember Beaux and he is in your thoughts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

newer older home