Thursday, January 19, 2012

In just a few days...

In just a few days we will be celebrating Charlotte's 1st birthday. In just 6 days after that we will be remembering the day that we lost our son. I can help but think how things can change in just a few short days. 


I have filled the last few months on how to make her party just right. I have purposely consumed myself with the theme, the decorations, the food, the favors. It helps to stay focused on something that I have control over and not the awful feelings that come along with January 21st. 


As I said a few posts ago, I write on this blog for help and healing.  So sometimes, not all the time, a solemn mood makes its way to the pages of this blog. Part of me wants to apologize for writing such "sad" things, but I am not going to. I need to type down these thoughts, even 
if lots of people are reading it. It is me, my feelings and the honest truth of the situation. 


I find myself often thinking, “How did I get here?” I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I have wished I could go back in time to those wonderful 4 days we had, before Beaux became sick. Not that there is anything I could have changed, but he would be here. I could be holding him. But, of course, when I really sit and think about it, I know that isn’t fair. He wouldn’t want to come back, his life would not be a functional and happy one. He is right where he belongs. But, in my here and now, I still want him back.


When I do post the pictures of her party...which I will try to do in timely fashion! Know that I know I went "over the top" for her 1st birthday. It is my way of making things pretty and special in this hard and "unpretty" time. 

2 comments:

M said...

Love you 3 so much! I miss that precious angel. I am so glad you have an outlet for your feelings, and you are right you don't ever have to apologize for that.

Katie said...

Never apologize, Erin! Thinking about y'all on this joyous, yet difficult day.

Post a Comment

newer older home