Thursday, December 30, 2010

DAY ONE

This blog was created purely for my entertainment and relief from boredom while on "hospitalized bed rest". I hope I can get a few giggles and provide a little entertainment or at least some insight on what it is like living in a hospital room while pregnant with twins!


December 28th, 2010:
We went into the Doctor for a regular check up and Growth Scan Ultrasound. The Doctor noticed that Baby "B" which is the boy had not grown much since the last ultrasound. Baby "A", which is the girl is weighing at 3.12 lbs and Baby "B" is only 2.6 lbs. The Doctor did a little more research and realized that the blood flow from the placenta to the umbilical cord to the baby is restricted and not allowing the appropriate amount of nutrition and blood flow to the baby. It was a whirlwind after that and next thing you know we were walking across the street to get checked into the hospital. I tried to convince the Doctor that I should probably go home first and get some things together, like some clean pj's, toothbrush, etc....She nicely told me that would not be happening and that Micah would take care of all that. I think she considered me a "flight risk" and she was probably right.

This picture was taken right before we entered the double doors to the Labor and Delivery Ward. I think the look on my face is the "Flight Risk" look the Doctor was picking up on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*laughing* "Flight Risk" - that's funny!
This blog is such a great idea Erin!

Post a Comment

newer home