Thursday, December 30, 2010

DAY THREE

December 30th, 2010

Had a rough night last night, not really great rest, long monitoring time, nose bleeds....yadda yadda. Did get some relief around 1:00am with a little treat called "Ambien" - my new best friend. Before anyone goes and gets their panties in wad, the Doctor said it is perfectly ok for the babies. No side effects, just a "momma to be" that can maybe get some much needed shut eye on this (did I mention) uncomfortable bed!

Enough complaining about the bed...i promise, Micah went to Target and bought a egg crate to fit on the hospital bed, adios"waffle weave" bed. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will help...

Went on another "field trip" today - otherwise known as a wheelchair ride to the Doctor's office. Things were looking even better today. The number that we are focusing went down from a 3.9 to a 3.5 - really making good progress  - grow baby boy grow!!!

So the plan to slip the nurse a $20 spot to take me on a "joy ride" around the hospital or at least a little more fresh air then the 3.2 minutes it takes to go across the street to the Doctors office was foiled. Nurse Jamie, who I had really buttered up over the past few days was off today and Nurse Kim was not falling for it. She budged a little and let me grab a Decaf Caramel Machiatto from the Starbucks stand that is right by the elevators on the way back to my "home away from home". I was grateful....its a start....will have to work on Kim the rest of the day :)

Meanwhile, I have been so blessed to have wonderful visitors that have brought me so many great little gifts to pass the time. Also, their wonderful conversations really help pass the time. THANK YOU to all that have dropped by, it really means the world to me and my sanity!

a pashmina to brighten up my IV stand

Callie and I took a trip...preggers pushing preggers.Shhh....she also brought some NYE contraband, don't tell! (not pictured in- case my doctor is a blog stalker)

snacks

plenty of trash mags to pass the time

some great lavender lotion to keep
smelling nice after my "one shower a day"



Some new books courtesy of Micah. I am really excited to read for pleasure again. I haven't done that in a while

2 comments:

Lindsey Lenig said...

Yay!! I am so proud of you for getting this started....can't wait to have a new blog to read.

Carolyn said...

I second that 'yay!'. We're thinking of you and babies.

Post a Comment

newer older home