Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Doctor Day

We took little Miss Charlotte to the Doctor today for her second check up. She weighed in at 5lbs1oz - she is growing like a weed! She should be,  she is eating every 2 1/2 hours...She had a clean bill of health and the Doctor was impressed with her growth and her feeding skills. We go back in 2 weeks.

She really is such a sweet baby and she brings us such love, warmth and joy. On a day like today when things seem to be a little harder or I feel a little sadder I can look over at her and feel peace and relief. She amazes us and has taught us so much already - importance of communication, flexibility and living in the moment are a few of the things I have learned from Charlotte already. It doesn't take long for some people to make lasting impressions in your life. Beaux was with us for 6 days and taught me and Micah a life time full of lessons. He taught us strength and resilience, humility, patience with others, love and kindness.

You always think of the parent-child relationship as the parent teaching the child about life. The roles have been reversed, these two little babies have been sent to teach us and I only hope I can be open to listening and learning.

Thank you for letting this be an outlet for me. I promise to try to keep the "fun times" and the pictures coming. Some days I just need to write what is on my mind and in my heart.

6 comments:

hayleygkohler said...

i LOVE reading your blog! you are funny, honest and real! i can almost hear your voice when i read your posts. can't wait to see Miss Charlotte again :) xoxo

Lindsey Lenig said...

The blog is great!! I love reading what's going on with YOU and baby Charlotte....it makes me feel like I am with you and having a conversation. Keep it up Mom :)

Lindsay said...

Love these posts and couldn't be prouder to be your friend than right now. Can't believe how much Charlotte has gained already - how great. So glad this blog can be an outlet.

brookes said...

Yea C! I'm so glad you have this blog and you use it! You are amazing mom and person. Keep up the good work, friend!! You inspire all of us. Loves ya.

Anonymous said...

You are adorable and refreshing. You are gonna be the coolest mom as Charlotte grows into a young woman!

DeDe Reese said...

You are so strong!! I am praying for you. We miss you so much at the hospital. We talk about you, Micah and the babies so much. You all made such an impact on us. We went from being nurses and patients..to friends. I pray for God's peace- because His peace passes all understanding. Give Baby Charlotte hugs and kisses from all her adopted aunts at CMC. Please bring her to see us when you can.

Post a Comment

newer older home