Sunday, February 6, 2011

FLYING SOLO

Well the mom's are officially gone....it was sad to see them leave, but at some point we have to try this on our own. First night alone and we survived. A few disagreements on what the temperature of the bottle should be, but all that aside - it was a success. Really missed my Mom around 7AM this morning when I needed a few winks after a restless night, but Micah took over so I could rest. I slept a few hours straight and felt as good as new. I have really learned the meaning of "power naps" lately. I never realized how great just a few minutes of sleep can be for you.


Ready to watch the Longhorns Basketball game - Hook 'em Horns!


Ivy "babysitting" - just kidding Mom.....this photo was highly supervised, I promise! I think the dogs are finally realizing that she is here to stay and that their time inside is very limited.


Since the "non snow day - snow day" ruined our pedicure plans for Thursday, I decided I really needed to leave the house on Friday. My first non-baby outing, where did I go you ask....HEB Plus! Just in case you were wondering, I can report things have not changed much in the past two months. It was nice to be out and about, even if it was the grocery store. While I was gone, I missed some visitors - two of the nurses from
Citizens. They brought a sweet little figurine and a poem in memory of Beaux. They also took up a collection and made a donation to Texas Children's Hospital in Beaux's name. The card they brought was so thoughtful and was signed by all the day and night nurses and Doctors that worked with the babies.

Micah and I are still humbled everyday by the outpouring of support that we receive on a daily basis. We know life goes on and the day to day takes over, so for people to take the time out of their busy schedules to check in, call, email or text is greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Charlotte is already growing a lot and so cute in her Horns gear. Ivy is like "alright, kid...you can stay, but I'll be keeping a close watch on you". How was HEB Plus day out? ha. We think of you often over here and wish we could come by!

Post a Comment

newer older home