Friday, January 7, 2011

DAY ELEVEN

January 7th, 2011

HOME SWEET HOME!!!! That's right, I got to come home today! I am treating it like a weekend leave from the "base/prison/asylum". We go back to the Doctor on Monday, but until then I am free woman! It was great to get out, feel the sunshine and of course be home in my own comfy bed with all my things surrounding me.

The Doctor and Nurses have all told me a million times that this is still bedrest....just like the hospital. I plan on listening and cooperating 100% if it means getting to ride it out at home rather than the hospital. I will miss having the comfort of knowing someone is watching the babies on a monitor almost 24/7. The Nurses and Doctors were all so great - thanks again for all your help, advice, support and TLC. (lots of the nurses are now blog followers!)

Here are a few pics of us "moving out":
Night #10 - last night in the hospital bed....for now

It takes a lot to try to re-create the comforts of home :)

Good Bye my old friend, until next time!

On the way home from the hospital I was thinking of numbers for some reason and I thought of a few of the numbers that really surprised me once I started tallying them up:

11 - days in the Hospital

31 - number of suspect hospital meals brought to my room 

33 - trips that Micah took from home to hospital

77 - times I had my blood pressure and temperature taken

3  - the number that we wished and prayed for the S/D test so we could maybe go home

2 - really happy dogs now that we are all home

IVY on bedrest with me
SUGAR - in the chair right next to me


Tomorrow Micah is going to put the cribs together. I am planning on holding my tongue and watching from my bed. We'll see how this goes.....

4 comments:

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

Yeah! So glad you got to go home! Call if you need anything. Mabry liked picking out fruit for Erin.

Lindsey Lenig said...

Yay!! Rest up Mama....enjoy your own bed and try to catch up on some much needed sleep. I am so impressed how you and Micah have handled everything.
Love you!

brookes said...

I am sooooooooooooo happy for you (and micah)!! Nothing like seeing the sunshine after being confined to a hospital bed-its always a wee bit brighter. i can NOT wait to meet the little jokesters who have caused all this hoopla. LOVES YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

newer older home