Thursday, January 6, 2011

DAY TEN

January 6th, 2011

Well I must say Day 10 has turned out to be a good day so far. I probably shouldn't even utter the words into the atmosphere, let alone type them out for all to see, but I can't help myself and have to share the good news -

I MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT get to go home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went to the Dr. this morning and the S/D ratio (which is that restriction number) we have been following went all the way down to a 2.6! Doctors and staff were all excited and beyond pleased with the progress that the babies have made over the last few days. We are going to monitor every 4 hours the rest of the day and night and if all goes well.....everyone knock on wood......we will be able to go home for the weekend. We will then go back to the Dr. on Monday for more monitoring and another Growth Scan.

Micah and I both found ourselves talking about going home and how excited we were, but we quickly had to remind ourselves not to get our hopes up. As we have learned in the last 10 days, things change around here within a matter of minutes. We have decided to remain "cautiously optimistic".

Last night my friend Rachel came by and surprised me with a pedicure! It was just like having a real one in the nail salon - she even asked me to "pick your color" and "you want pretty design?" (said with Asian accent). Thanks Rachel, it was so wonderful and much needed!



So this brings me to the humbling fact that Micah and I are surrounded by the greatest people on earth. We have had a continuous flow of visitors, surprises, treats, eats, drinks, support, comfort and prayers. We are truly blessed and can see everyone's prayers and thoughts really working! 

I will let you guys know if I get my walking papers tomorrow....until then, lets keep all fingers and toes crossed that these babies cooperate the rest of the day and night!

3 comments:

brookes said...

you've got 50 fingers & toes crossed at los laswelos house! repeat your mantra: i will go home. i will go home. i will go home. good job relaxing so those restriction numbers decrease! you did it! yippee!

DawgsRock said...

I, too, am cautiously optimistic! Good job!!!! We're thinking about you and hoping you get to go home. :) Love you! Elise & Cody

Unknown said...

Erin! I love your blog and am so glad you are letting us have a sneak peak into your journey as a mother of twins :) I hope you will keep it up! Hang in there and know we are praying for you and the twins. (I am also keeping my fingers crossed that you get to go home...home sweet home!)

xo, Rachel

Post a Comment

newer older home