Saturday, January 1, 2011

DAY FIVE

January 1st, 2011

Another eventful night here in the hospital. I was on continuous monitoring = NO SLEEP for me and Micah.

 My new "BFF" Dr. Suarez, the Doctor on call this morning, let me come off continuous monitoring around 10:30am so I was able to finally get a good snooze in. I am now just being monitored every 4 hours for about an hour each time. This type of monitoring is sooooo much better than being tied down by all those wires and dealing with the alarms, the poking and prodding and the limited bathroom break. 

We had one last surprise visit last night, just in the nick of time. I was on a verge of a mini meltdown when Heidi our "Fairy Dog Mother" dropped by with a New Years Eve goody basket. Heidi takes care of IVY and SUGAR when we are out of town, or in this case, living in the hospital. She is a lifesaver, not to mention a good friend. She brought us blowers, bubbles, poppers, a hat and crown, sparkling cider and snacks. Thanks Heidi your the BEST!!!


Not much action during the day today....Micah went home for most of the day for a well deserved break, a nap and some laundry. Here are some more highlights from the day:

"Pizza Party" for Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl watching




An exciting game of Scrabble - Micah kicked my butt!

Some of you have asked for "belly pics" - sorry for those that get grossed out easily!



 GOOD NIGHT and I hope everyone had a great first day of 2011!

2 comments:

Edith Lewis Crigler said...

Your new year is certainly off to a non-traditional and event-filled start. Let me know if you need anything and thank you for the blog. This will help us keep up with how you and the babies are without bothering you when you may be sneaking in some much needed sleep. I can't wait to meet my great niece and great nephew!

Lindsay said...

Love the shot of the breakfast "gruel." You weren't kiddin' about the food. Sent you some books yesterday about people overcoming some serious stuff to pump you up!! Go, Dowd, go!!!

Post a Comment

newer older home