Saturday, January 8, 2011

DAY TWELVE

January 8th, 2011

The first night at home went well and it was so great to sleep in my own bed. I do have to admit it is harder to "bedrest" at home when there is a ton to be done to get ready for the babies, but I have behaved myself...I promise I have. How could I not when every time I make a move Micah asks "What are you doing?....Stay still!" He is the bedrest nazi and with good reason.

Today was full of preparing the nursery, not me necessarily, but Micah and his mom. They did an excellent job putting together the cribs, bedding and bassinets. I switched back and forth between the glider and the bed and tried my hardest not to "boss" or what Micah calls "being a General" too much. Here are some pics of the cribs. I love the way they turned out and I am so grateful that I was able to be home to be somewhat apart of it!

In action
Taking a break. Yes I let him take a few breaks, but only a few!
                                                                                          
The cribs together
Charlotte's Crib
Mitchell's "Beaux" crib

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The cribs are beautiful! GO MICAH, "the bedrest nazi" (lol, that's funny). Just keep taking those pictures and blogging Erin. You're doing fantastic!

Carolyn said...

So glad you are home... The room looks great! The chair rail on the wall is great and love those cribs. Go Daddy. I love that the BGP's 'mother hen' is totally gonna be a mother hen!

callie musselman said...

Looks SO cute!!!

brookes said...

A-DOOR-A-BULL!!!!!!!!!!!! it looks so good. yea micah and mrs. hatley (x2)!

Edith Lewis Crigler said...

I love the new furniture!!! Congrats to Micah and his construction skills! Erin, I'm glad you were able to be home and enjoy the assembly but am so glad to hear you took it easy at the same time. Keep us posted!

DawgsRock said...

Wonderful! Great job everyone!

Post a Comment

newer older home