Sunday, January 2, 2011

DAY SIX

January 2nd, 2011

What a day.....started out pretty uneventful. Breakfast, visit from the Doctor, some TV, did some work on the computer. Pretty typical Sunday, aside from maybe taking a walk or going to the movies.

Cox and Tobin visited on the their way back from Rockport and things started to go South (literally) from there. I felt bad that their visit was cut somewhat short due to another deceleration in Baby Boy's heart rate. Shortly there after I started contracting. The Doctor on call ordered an ultrasound and for me to go back on 24 hour monitoring.....UGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

The ultrasound went well, other than the contractions. The gave me some medicine to stop the contractions and take the "edge" off. The medicine kicked in and things were tolerable again.

Ann and Stuart brought us a yummy dinner - chicken Ceasar salad, biscuits, brownies, tiramisu tart, baked apples....all delicious and much needed. After seeing how many ways food can be smothered in gravy it was refreshing to see some green on my plate. The Handleys' also came to visit and brought us some fresh fruit....another type of food that I have not literally laid eyes on in 6 days. I take that back I did spot 1/2 a banana on my first breakfast plate. Thank you so much to all my visitors and their wonderful and healthy food!

Fran and Rachel also dug into their cabinets and pulled out their VHS tapes for me....yes that is right folks, no DVD player in here, just a good ole VHS player. I am currently watching "She's Having a Baby"....appropriate don't you think.

And for the biggest news of the day.....drum roll please.......we moved rooms! The nurses kept telling me that if I wanted a change of scenery I could move down to the large room. Fran and Micah packed up my things and we made the move down to Room 232. It is a much bigger room and is a nice change....see the pictures of the move below:

new room - look how big!!

Nurse Jamie....one of the many great nurses here. We have been really blessed to have such great people taking care of us! They are so comforting and helpful and they never miss a beat. I really have enjoyed getting to know them and learn about their families. Similar to teaching, Nursing is a thankless profession - but I hope they know I am thankful for their hard work!
Micah packing up the cart for the move. I think he was even more excited than me about the change of scenery!



My "Michael Jackson" look for the shower (I have to have my hand wrapped so I don't get the IV wet)

Going to finish my movie, then off to try to get some rest. Babies have been pretty cooperative this evening so maybe I will get a little sleep. Night, Night!

2 comments:

brookes said...

MJ ain't got nothing on you, girrrrrrrl!!! I'm SO excited about this blog-yippee!! You are doing awesome--keep it up! LOVES YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M said...

Those US pics are amazing! They are adorable! I think Charlotte has your nose.

Post a Comment

newer older home